CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A journey of 26.2.miles begins with a single step...


Yup.
I'm doing it.
I started training this week for the San Francisco Marathon, July 26 2009. If we women can make a human in that amount of time I should be able to turn myself into an endurance runner in that amount of time, right? Right.

So far I've done 6 miles. Six incredibly slow miles. But you have to start somewhere (see above) and I'm pretty psyched. For a long time it's been in the back of my mind that I'd like to do a marathon someday. So, thanks to my buddy Poppy, I suddenly thought, well why not now?
And, how about you? Yes, you! You wanna do this thing too? My goal will be 1. to finish and 2. to finish in 6 hours. That's it. Nothing fancy. No heroics. Just 26.2 miles of steady plodding around my favorite city in all the world. Just think of the post-race food! Mmmmmm. Chinatown here I come!

1 comments:

jennb said...

YES!!!!!!

26.2 miles?

hilly san francisco?

chinatown after?

let's do this thing.


:)